Graduate student Jacob Dykes from Texas A&M University is joining us today to discuss his fascinating research from past and present. Jacob discusses research on deer selection of thermal refuge and how he is studying their relationship with cattle on the landscape. During his masters research, Jacob studied food plot plantings and the effects of fertilization. He has some very interesting results to share that will make you a better land manager and likely more successful hunter!
– Deer thermal cover research
– Wrangling deer from a helicopter
– Testing deer selection of food plot forages
– Overrated food plot plants
– Fertilization effects on food plots
– Jacob’s recommended cool-season and warm-season plantings