How old is he? A common question after killing a buck or when deciding whether to shoot him. Today we are discussing the three most commonly used methods for aging deer: tooth wear and replacement, cementum annuli, and aging on the hoof. We share how these methods were developed and what the current body of scientific literature says about their accuracy. See cited papers below.
– Mark’s upcoming TN velvet hunt
– How accurately can we age bucks?
– Aging via tooth wear and replacement
– Aging via cementum annuli
– Aging via body characteristics